11 July 2007

I was REALLY hoping the iPhoney would be a solution

Usable device.

Sadly it tries to be jack of all trade and master of none.

Everything it does it does OK. Some better than others. Everything together makes for a complicated result that will not necessarily provide for a better experience overall.

While I am not a Luddite - I am somewhat peturbed by sheer number of times I am asked (make that told) to learn a new UI/UE. iPhone is probably the worst so far.

OK so I am not a Mac head (I own one) there are 4 iPods in my house. However having worked with the device for a full day - almost full time - I have to concur with Tom Yager's analysis at Infoworld. http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/07/10/28TCiphone_1.html

I was REALLY hoping to reduce my number of devices. But this doesnt quite cut it. Even though I am already an AT&T user. Thanks I will stick to my Blackberry (8700) and the seperate Sony W810 phone. It has superior call quality and is a great MP3 player. I cant wait to get my hands on the W900 series which should do the trick.

Using a single 4GB chip I get as much music as the base iPhone. All for an extra $37. So at this point I am going to pass on the iPhone. They are cute but not that usable

Cheers

Timothy

No comments: