16 October 2009

Feds To Crackdown On Airline Cheats.


Scott McCartney of the WSJ's Middle Seat column did a great piece this week on the Government finally tracking down on Airlines who fail to adequately compensate passengers for service failures.

Many airlines think that the rules do not apply to them. Customer service (now there is an oxymoron) departments of airlines are actively engaged in campaigns of disinformation on the subject.

I believe that this may be an effort by the Obama Administration to forestall legislation on a passenger bill of rights. At least to get them to smarten up the act of the airlines.

Delta - I hope you read the article because I am still mad at you for

A) Failing to get me to my destination as contracted (not to mention the screwed up alleged recovery)
B) Failing to recognize that you screwed up 3 times in one O&D
C) For being downright insulting in the responses to my perfectly valid requests for legal compensation.

Cheers

No comments: