27 October 2009

Oh Mea Culpa! Kudos Lost...

In my post a few weeks ago on the Westjet cutover to SabreSonic I did receive a few comments directly. Boy did I hear them!

So firstly I owe a huge apology to the Westjet team for ignoring the obvious contribution that they made to the project. This was not intentional but was clearly an error on my part. Consider myself duly lashed for the omission.

The reports from users are generally the way you want them. Relatively quiet!

So well done to both teams. Clearly there was a lot of prep work. It must have been a frustrating time for the distribution team at Westjet having undergone a series of delays - first with waiting for Navitaire and then the abortive efforts with Aires (announced in 2005 and then cancelled 21 months later).

The inhouse team knew what they wanted and being familiar with several Sabre products made it that much easier. But Westjet runs a pretty tight ship and this shows in the work done.

Best of luck chaps. Is this a model for say a certain company in Europe who still seems to be taking a little extra time about their cut overs.

Cheers

No comments: