21 November 2009

The Right Stuff - US Pilots

I fly - a lot. I know many of you do too. Our whole livelihood in the Travel industry is dependent frequently on a few folks. The life of a pilot used to be glamorous - perhaps not quite so any more - but its still a great job.

I have always felt that there is a correlation between the task and the enjoyment resulting in a better performance the more you enjoy a job. I always used to use Pilots as an example of that.

Recently I came across a site with an view on airline financials. Bob Herbst runs Airline Financials. Its a great site for information on airlines. It is done with a lot of care and an eye on demystifying much of the jargon in airline investing. I highly recommend the site www.airlinefinancials.com.

However on the site he writes a commentary which I found gave me pause for thought.

I encourage you to read it. It gave me a slightly better and more open view of the value of a pilot. The site is very useful... book mark it.

Cheers

No comments: