25 December 2009

Christmas Giving

As its Christmas day and the dog woke me up - I have decided that this Christmas I will give to the usual round of charities that my family supports. I thought I would share with you what they are and suggest that you do the same.

Our interest has always been in supporting 4 basic principles:

Free Speech
Climate
Animals
Helping those to help themselves

To this end here are the ones I recommend you join me in supporting:

1. NPR - National Public Radio in the USA.

2. TerraPass (headed by my former colleague Erik Blackford). This is a paid form of guilt but I recommend you do it anyway.

3. Animals. I am a dog person. So there are three that I support. All of them are in the UK. These were favorites of my Mother so I do it in her name. The Dog Trust, the Guide Dogs for the Blind and German Shepherd Rescue. I particularly like this one because the initials are GSD (not GDS get it!!!)

4. Finally my favorite for bang for the buck is Kiva.org. So far I have seen a 100% return on my donations. So please give generously and get involved in your giving.

I have made it easy for you so all you have to do is to click on the links and you can gift in less than 30 secs. How easy is that!!!!


Cheers and Merry Crimble

No comments: