01 September 2010

Is There A Perfect "What Next" Site/App?


I went to Southern California to hang out with family last weekend. It was really good to catch up.

One of my fellow bloggers Mr Boot (ably assisted by Madam Boot) is also on the hunt for this and I think he has a better handle on this than me. But here are some ramblings from my aged viewpoint.

I had some spare time to do things that are fun to do. I used to live in LA for 8 years in the 1980s. I really liked it! But to see what is there now is a little daunting - so much information.

Who can I trust and where do I go that doesn't require me to sift through dumpsters of useless information?

I love Daily Candy. Its a fun site filled with interesting stuff - but it is not really that useful as an "on demand" service. So I am delisting myself from there. TimeOut used to be my favorite for London - but it too has lost a lot of its sparkle and spunk. In Seattle "The Stranger" is the best local guide. In LA -LA Weekly is pretty good - but newsprint is loosing its lustre.

One of my favorite sources of information is BeDynamic. I love the work the Anne and her crew have done. Really useful stuff. if you are not from here - its a good place to start.

My new favourite site though for simplicity and value is Goby. It was good for LA. Not sure if it will work in other places.

So if you have any suggestions for the cities on my jaunt - I will be most grateful

The Professor will be in the following places over the coming months:

In random order...
Chicago
Cancun
Cologne
Toulouse
Edinburgh
Frankfurt
Berlin
Istanbul
Sofia
Manchester
London
Los Angeles
Sydney
Brisbane
Melbourne
Singapore
Bangkok
Mumbai

Suggestions welcomed.

Cheers

No comments: