08 January 2011

Twitter Nation - Or Tweeting World

Are we Tweet mad?

I will re-iterate my oft opined view that I don't like the use of Twitter as a form of useless communication. It has its place.

The emergence of tools like Tweetdeck and Hootsuite can make it function in a useful manner. A study by eMarketer gives us some interesting insight.

So how has the profile of Twitter changed between 2009 and 2010? Actually a lot.

The first thing you notice is that the network of relationships has expanded significantly.



As well as this - we see that the use profile has changed. All those stupid Tweets are still there. But fortunately the content of tweets has matured so now I dont have to know if you spilled coffee on your trousers are mercifully now much less - or rather comparatively speaking.

One distrubing trend for me at least is the amount of personal data that people are willing to share.


This lack of understanding or value in privacy continues to weigh heavily on my fears for the way that marketers will take advantage of the consumer.

So Tweet World? yup we are getting there.

Still think this is all a world in flux.

Cheers

No comments: