23 July 2019

Yes I am back and posting again

"O Best Beloved"

It has to be one of the greatest exhortations from any author

Image result for oh best beloved

Growing up in England with a mother whose early years were spent in India, the "Just So stories" by Rudyard Kipling were among my favourites. My favourite of all is the Elephant's Child.  (You can actually read all of them from here: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Just_So_Stories). For one year I was largely kept away from school for a series of illnesses - then my only friends were books and VERY early Lego. Oh yes and that and the Light Programme https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Light_Programme . To this day I still like Radio. I bemoan its diminution in popularity  and particularly that of newspapers.

All of which brings me back as to why I am returning to blogging, and to Blogger itself, my original platform.

For the past few years, I have been relying on Twitter and it honed a skill in developing a way to attract interest on topic points I believe are important. But I have been remiss in not providing a way to deep dive into many of the topics. So, here I am back to where I started my outpourings.

I hope that you will read and engage with me on the continuation of my journey. I will try and write once a month - more frequently is my personal goal. I will continue to focus on my first love - which in case you didn't figure it out yet - is aviation. But not just aviation, it's many facets and a few other topics as well. I have a political point of view and do not feel restrained in expressing some of them when I feel its appropriate. My topics include:
  • Aviation in general
  • Civil Air Transport for passengers
  • Aviation History
  • Travel Distribution
  • IT for Distribution
  • New Technologies 
  • Startups
  • User Experience (UX interfaces in particular)
  • Manufactures- OEMs of all types
  • The customer experience - what it feels like good and bad
  • Loyalty and the way its implemented
  • Freedom of expression
  • Politics and Travel
  • Politics in North America and Europe
  • Topics of fancy.
A note on my point of view. I wear a number of hats and when writing or speaking for a particular entity I try to be respectful for that entity and for what it stands. Here, it's a different story. All the writing (unless attributed elsewhere) and comments here are my own. They represent nothing other than my personal musings and must be treated as such. They are driven from what is possibly a very unique set of experiences and perspectives. Be prepared for some of it to appear jaded, curmudgeonly even. I like humour and I have no problem in poking fun at various entities. My feeling is that if you are in the public eye - then you have consented to be "skewered" as opposed to flamed, unless you make a really egregious error. The same applies to any PR or product pieces. I am not a fan of being politically correct - so sometimes do expect me to err away from being warm, fluffy and fuzzy.

If I insult or offend within the context of this blog - then I offer an upfront apology - but not necessarily the need for a retraction. Also my grammatical and spelling errors will just have to be tolerated. Enter here at your own peril. That said, I hope you will be entertained, provoked into thinking and - even I aspire - to action.

Thank you

The Prof.

Feel free to email me - professorsabena@gmail.com or tweet at me ProfessorSabena (DM or public is fine). You can also find me on a couple of other Social Media channels.

No comments: