18 November 2008

Bloggers Summit Panel Version 2

This one was much more lively. In fact so much so that I am somewhat drained from the experience.

The audience was different composition, no investors and a more even distribution.

Much of the discussion was focused on the digital junk and the value nuggets. So how do you make sense of blogging and other tools like Facebook and Twitter. While I played the role of the Luddite on the panel (which by the way did get a lot of head bobbing in audience) it was interesting to just think carefully about how much time in the day we do things again. We reinforce this by doing stupid things (me included) like calling and saying - "Did you get that email".

And this had me thinking about things like Trust and Assured delivery. When it positively has to be there - make sure.. you... Fill in the blanks.

So I do hope that we think carefully about the sheer volume of "digital junk" we create. We have a responsibility to help our readers and yes you the audience to see what's good and valuable.

That is a scared trust. I promise not to intentionally abuse it

Cheers

No comments: