17 September 2009

Webjet Acquires FareCrawler - US Bound

Marking another foreign attack at the large US OTA market - Webjet has announced its intention to come to the US through the acquisition of FareCrawler.com and associated brands.

Joining CheapFlights (UK based) in the market for the second tier of players - there is clearly plenty of business to go around. Initially this is more likely to make news at the home market (Webjet is an Australian based company) than in the US. However the bringing of consolidator fares to the online space is a well accepted premise in Europe and Asia/Pac but not so in the US OTA market.

It is not clear if Webjet will set up its own fulfillment organization or continue to use Picasso Travel who currently fulfills for Farecrawler.

Cheers

1 comment:

uhoj said...

Hello, I tell them I've taken my tickets and has done very well, and when I had a problem, I called directly to webjet number  and I was sorted straight away