31 March 2011

Are Marketers Stupid Or Slow?

As some of you know I used to be an Ad Man. I spent more than 10 years working in Advertising Agencies including owning my own agency in Los Angeles in the early 1980s. I always thought that Advertising was ahead of the curve. It was an exciting time to work in the biz. But it became a bit too process oriented for my liking. Instead I followed my avocation for the Travel space and the rest as they say is History.

I have to say I was surprised to see that the world is a little different. Ad men (Shame Mad Men will stay on hiatus now until 2012 because of a contract dispute), seem to have fallen behind the times. My evidence?

Check out this story from eMarketer.



This shows that Advertising is lagging the promotion of products via channels that today's consumers are using.

This further (sadly in my boo) shows how the 3 major traditional medias are really toast.

Cheers

No comments: